PTFE is a highly resilient O-ring material unaffected by virtually all known acids, alkalis and solvents. It is tough, abrasion resistant and capable of withstanding temperatures between -200°C to +250°C. It also possesses outstanding weather, ozone and electrical resistance. For this reason, it is the O-ring of choice for use in aerospace, food, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications industries.PTFE O-rings could be a more economical alternative to FFKM materials, but they are not easily compressed and have little memory to be able to return to their original form. This can be a disadvantage if under permanent strain and may not create the best lasting seal.
- Up to 250°C (Intermittant)
- Down to -70°C
- Excellent resistance to almost all chemicals
- Not subject to ageing, so a near infinite shelf / storage life
- Can be use in food, chemical and medical industries (among others)
- Low elasticity (memory), making it unsuitable for dynamic applications unless energised by suitable material (I.E. rubber)
- Low coefficient of friction
- Low compression vacuum sealing flanges
- High vacuum seals
- High temperature steam
Recommended temperature range -60°C to +230°C
Not compatible with:
Non-standards & Approvals
We are able to supply specially compounded O-rings. Contact us for further information +44 (0)14204 72000.
Use the quick search to find your Nitrile O-rings and buy online.